Muse Belly Dance Level 1: Tribal Belly Dance Core
NEW! Take the very first night of the session for FREE to learn what it is all about.
(Please note that the registered student minimum must be met for the session to take place- and you must reserve a space in order to “try” the first night of the session. email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your trial space, or go ahead and register for the session online!)
Start at the Beginning!
Stretch, strengthen and tone your body from head to toes — while you’re having fun! In Muse Belly Dance Level 1 you will build a solid foundation of belly dance moves with emphasis on technique, posture, strength and flexibility.
This class is for you if:
• You’ve never belly danced before, but want to try it
• You’ve taken a few classes here and there, and want to get a complete foundation
• You’re an experienced dancer in a different style and want to learn what Tribal Fusion Belly Dance is all about.
• You haven’t danced for many years and want a good place to get started again.
• You want to start at the beginning so that you can develop good habits.
• You’re thinking, “I have to get in shape before I take a dance class”
All ability levels, shapes and sizes are welcomed and encouraged! This time-honored dance style isn’t just a beautiful path for fitness. Belly dancing enhances self-expression and self-confidence. Through dancing, we can learn to love and appreciate our bodies exactly as they are.
No previous dance experience is needed.
Most students will take the MBD L1 program about 3 times to develop strength in movement before moving on to L2. Dancers with previous experience may discuss with the instructor other options for moving up to L2 sooner.
Regular class attendance is highly recommended. Classes will build upon material learned each week.
Tribal Fusion Belly Dance
The style that we focus on is called Tribal Fusion Belly Dance, with roots in American Tribal Style® Belly Dance although the Muse Belly Dance L1 class is a great starting point for all styles of belly dance with good technique.